Monday, 14 May 2018

Tuesday 15th May 2018

Two horses from the handicappers to follow series find themselves in the same race.

5.10 Beverley 

This should be easier for Contrebasse, who found trouble in running at Redcar in a much more competitive race a few weeks ago. He should have come on nicely for that like Tim Easterby's often do and I fancy him to go close this time.


Had three good educational runs to get a mark towards the backend of the season. The first run can be dismissed as it was run on unsuitable heavy ground. He stayed on nicely in a York novice event on second start and his pedigree suggests he will be suited by a step up in trip. The progeny of Champs Elysees progress well and are better suited by decent ground. His mark is fair and his dam has produced multiple winners, so I would be surprised if Contrebasse doesn’t get his head in front this season.

I had almost given up on Camden Town, who didn't finish off his race after being so well-backed at Doncaster last time. The only reason I will give him another chance with a small each-way bet is that he is a very small horse who may suit the tight track at Beverley.

1 pt win CONTREBASSE (5/1 Paddy Power, Betfair)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tuesday 24th July 2018

  19.40 Chelmsford Hollydaze may prove tough to beat, putting up an excellent RPR last time, but the verdict goes to ...